Terms of Service of ROX
The following rules apply to all ROX travel. These rules may be changed at any time, at our sole discretion, without prior notice.
- Once a ticket is purchased, your credit card will be charged when this transaction is completed. Once the reservation is confirmed, your ticket is fully refundable if you cancel at least 24 hours in advance of your trip’s scheduled departure time. Your ticket price will not be refunded if you cancel your trip within 24 hours of your scheduled departure time, however, provided you cancel at least 2 hours in advance of your scheduled departure time you will be given a travel credit that may be redeemed for travel within six months. However, you may modify your reservation using the ROX online portal: RidetheROX.com/account/order-history/
- No-shows and cancellations made within 2 hours of a scheduled departure are non-refundable and cannot be credited toward future travel on ROX. Trips booked less than 24 hours before your departure cannot be refunded to your credit card. Tickets booked within the week of Christmas and Thanksgiving are only refundable in the form of future travel credit when cancelled within 14 days of departure. Holiday week tickets cancelled less than 72 hours in advance of departure are non-refundable in any form.
- ROX reserves the right to reissue reservations for service failures or weather conditions which, at its sole discretion, requires such action.
- ROX reserves the right to deny boarding to anyone who acquired a reservation in violation of its rules and regulations, or if the e-ticket has been tampered with.
- Smoking, vaping, the use of any electronic or simulated smoking materials, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited aboard the motor coach. No smoking, vaping, e-cigarette, smokeless tobacco, or illegal drugs may be brought into the cabin of the coach, either on your person or in any carry-on bags.
- No outside food or alcohol is permitted in the coach cabin. Non-alcoholic beverages may be brought on board.
- Food allergies. ROX uses third-party vendors to supply its onboard snacks and food options. We may not be able to accommodate special requests, and it is your responsibility to ensure that you avoid any foods you are allergic to. If you are unsure about the ingredients in a particular item please ask the attendant, and we will do the best we can to provide you with the requested information, however, we cannot guarantee the absence of any specific allergen.
- Guests may bring up to two small dogs less than 10 pounds on a restricted basis. The first dog is free of charge but an additional ticket must be purchased if you plan to bring two. The Small dogs must be in a pet carrier that can fit by your feet. The carrier must remain on the floor at all times and not intrude into another guest’s personal space. If your pet cannot remain quiet for the duration of the trip, you may not be permitted to bring your pet on future trips. Cats and other animals are not permitted on ROX.
- Certified service dogs, trained for the purpose of accompanying a special needs traveler, will be permitted to travel with the guest at no additional charge. The service dog must always be under the control of its owner. The dog must ride within the customer’s space; it may not travel in the aisle or occupy another seat. ROXadheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The ADA does not cover emotional support animals, and as a result, emotional support animals may not travel on ROX coaches.(ADA FAQs: www.ada.gov/regs2010/service_animal_qa.html)
- Except as responsibility may be imposed by law, ROX will not be liable for delays caused by accidents, breakdowns, road conditions, weather and other circumstances beyond its control, and does not guarantee to arrive at or depart from any point at a specific time.
- ROX reserves full control and discretion as to the seating of guests and the right to change such seating at any time during the trip. Seating arrangements will be made without regard to race, color, creed, or national origin.
- ROX reserves the right, when operating conditions require, to transfer guests from one vehicle to another en route. Extreme caution must be used when departing the coach at other than standard boarding locations.
- ROX reserves the right to refuse to transport a person a) under the influence of intoxicating alcohol or drugs, b) whose conduct is such or likely to be such as to make him or her objectionable to other guests or prospective guests, c) who refuse to permit a search of his or her person or property for weapons or who fails to provide positive identification upon request, or d) who refuses to comply with any lawful rule or regulation. Such persons may be removed from the coach at such place along the route as the driver may select. ROX shall not issue any compensation for guests removed en route.
- Any rider whose conduct violates the rules set forth in these Terms of Service may be temporarily or permanently banned from future travel with ROX, including any trips or returns that have already been booked, at the sole discretion of ROX.
- Children over the age of five are welcome to accompany their parent or guardian, but must have their own ticket, and may not ride in the lap of another guest. Children 10 years and older may travel alone after completion and submission of the Unaccompanied Minor Form available at RideTheROX.com/minors.
- We make every effort to provide free Wi-Fi service, power outlets and other amenities on our coaches. If these amenities are not available, no refund or credit will be issued. We ask that riders refrain from watching any graphic or pornographic video, otherwise offensive content, or playing any media at a volume that disrupts other guests. Headphones or earbuds are required.
- Online Orders. By booking tickets on our website, the customer acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. A copy of the order transaction will be sent via email upon request. It is the responsibility of the client to read and understand these terms and conditions thoroughly.
- Riders must abide by all posted instructions in the coach and comply with requests made by the driver or ROX staff en route.
- Riders acknowledge that ROX has the right to record internally, except for the lavatory, and externally to ensure the safety of our riders and staff. Rider consents to be recorded.
- All riders, other than children accompanied by their parent or guardian, must present a valid, government issued photo ID prior to boarding.
- Fares and charges are shown in dollars and cents and are payable in lawful United States currency.
- All fares are subject to availability and may change without notice. Fares may not be available on all days or on all schedules. All fares are one-way for one person, unless indicated otherwise.
- All fares are subject to applicable local, state, and/or Federal sales taxes, unless such fares are specifically exempted from such tax.
- ROX does not provide checked baggage service or provide receipts for luggage transported on the coach. We assume no responsibility of any kind for customer baggage stowed under the coach, however ROX assumes liability for any damage to luggage transported if it is damaged as a result of negligence of ROX or its staff.
- Guests are entitled to stow one (1) bag in the luggage bay at the bottom of the coach; the maximum weight is 50 lb. Guests can also take on board one (1) small carry-on bag which can be stowed so as not to block the aisle or intrude on another guest’s personal space. No shipments, or larger items can be transported by ROX. Boxes can only be transported if they are sturdy and secured shut.
- We do not allow the transport of weapons of any kind or any material that would be classified by the DOT as a hazardous material (which include, but are not limited to acids, ammunition, animals, combustible liquids, compressed gasses, corpses, cremated remains, explosives, firearms of all types, fireworks, flammable liquids, furniture, hazardous materials to include poisons, radioactive materials, etc.).
- All riders hereby agree to permit the search of any luggage stowed under the cabin, or brough into the cabin of the coach as a carry-on to ensure that no hazardous or prohibited items are brought on board.
- No illegal drugs, or any other item that when transported across state lines would violate federal law, may be brought on board, or stowed in the baggage compartment.
- Guns are not allowed in the cabin of the coach either on your person or in your carryon luggage. Guns may be transported in the luggage bay unloaded and in a locked carrying case. Please check state laws relating to interstate transportation of guns for trips outside of Virginia.
- ROX may disclose the guest’s personal information, including ticket & payment information, as required by law, upon the order of a court, by request of a governmental agency or by request of a law enforcement authority.
- These Terms of Service are governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the applicable laws, regulations, and treaties of the United States of America. Your acceptance of these terms constitutes your irrevocable consent to the personal jurisdiction of the State and Federal courts sitting in Virginia Beach, Virginia, in the event that any litigation results concerning any aspect arising out of Your use of the ROX service.
Guests Traveling in Wheeled Mobility Devices
- ROX coaches are wheelchair accessible. Please contact us in advance (at least 48 hours) so we can best assist you. Mobility@RidetheROX.com
- Guests in wheeled mobility devices can travel alone on the ROX as long as they can travel independently. ROX employees are there to assist with boarding and disembarking. ROX Associates cannot provide assistance to the restroom or moving throughout the coach.
- Restrooms may not accommodate all wheeled mobility devices.
ROX is committed to protecting your rights. If you’d like to speak to a ROX representative about your rights as a ROX customer or to make a complaint, please call us at 844-484-3769 or email us at Mobility@RidetheROX.com.